REMI (Regional Economic Models, Inc.) is seeking entry-level associates to join its business development and client-facing team. The successful candidate will work with our team to extend our client network and develop new business opportunities.
Associate I’s are eligible to apply for salaried Associate positions once they have demonstrated competence in ability to set meetings (5-10/week); to lead REMI sales presentations; and have proficiency in our CRM database, Business Development Dashboard, and Microsoft Teams.
The role of Associate I includes:
- Phone and email outreach to schedule meetings with prospective clients
- Present pitch-deck on REMI models in business meetings
- Engage with professionals in analytic and decision-making roles
- Follow-through on sales leads
- Develop knowledge of economic modeling use and applications
- Present webinars on policy topics
- Training for proficiency in our CRM database, Business Development Dashboard, and Microsoft Teams
Candidate requirements include:
- A commitment to providing objective and comprehensive analysis that improves the quality of public policy
- B.A. in Economics, Public Policy or a related subject, with strong academic performance
- Extracurricular activities that demonstrate teamwork, initiative, and/or leadership
- Enthusiasm for taking on a role that is intense and challenging
- Capability to work remotely
Regional Economic Models, Inc. (REMI) was founded on a transformative idea: government decision-makers should test the economic effects of their policies before they’re implemented. We are the nation’s leader in dynamic local, state, and national policy modeling.
REMI’s suite of models are utilized by universities, consulting firms, associations, and governments at all levels to answer “what if?” policy questions about the effects of legislative changes on the economy. We actively engage in the analysis of major policy areas, including transportation, economic development, taxation, and more. Our team of research economists and software developers are dedicated to continued model innovation.
We evaluate specific issues associated with trade and tariffs, immigration, carbon tax, the Affordable Care Act, and transportation investments. REMI’s clients include: associations such as the Business Roundtable and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB); consulting firms such as National Economic Research Associates, Inc. (NERA), KPMG International, AECOM, and Booz Allen Hamilton; and think tanks and universities like the University of Michigan Research Seminar in Quantitative Economics (RSQE). We also collaborate with a variety of government agencies, including the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Georgia Department of Transportation, the Council of the District of Columbia, Massachusetts Department of Revenue, and others.
REMI has business locations in 23 states and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Amherst, MA.
Working for REMI
Employees of REMI receive a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits: paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and a 401K retirement plan.