Regional Economic Models, Inc. (REMI) is seeking an Economic Analyst to join its team. The successful candidate will work with multiple departments to assist with consulting projects and provide responsive client support on modeling best practices.
Ideal candidates for this position will be motivated to:
• Collaborate with various organizations and all levels of government on their respective projects or reports
• Research, data collection, and estimation related to U.S. and international demographics
• Prepare materials and modeling simulations for upcoming REMI presentations
• Work with management, programmers, and economists to implement new and expanded features into REMI’s economic models
• Macroeconomic and microeconomic analysis, technical writing, econometrics, and economic modeling
Candidate requirements include:
• Master’s Degree in Economics
• Experience in economic research related to regional economics and economic impact study
• Strong statistical skills and experience analyzing large economic and demographic datasets
• Experience in developing economic models using advanced econometric methodologies
• Experience with working with statistical software applications, such as Stata, SAS, R, etc.
• Experience in writing research reports and academic papers
Regional Economic Models, Inc. (REMI) was founded on a transformative idea: government decision-makers should test the economic effects of their policies before they’re implemented. We are the nation’s leader in dynamic local, state, and national policy modeling.
REMI’s suite of models are utilized by universities, consulting firms, associations, and governments at all levels to answer “what if?” policy questions about the effects of legislative changes on the economy. We actively engage in the analysis of major policy areas, including transportation, economic development, taxation, and more. Our team of research economists and software developers are dedicated to continued model innovation.
We evaluate specific issues associated with trade and tariffs, immigration, carbon tax, the Affordable Care Act, and transportation investments. REMI’s clients include: associations such as the Business Roundtable and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB); consulting firms such as National Economic Research Associates, Inc. (NERA), KPMG International, AECOM, and Booz Allen Hamilton; and think tanks and universities like the University of Michigan Research Seminar in Quantitative Economics (RSQE). We also collaborate with a variety of government agencies, including the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Georgia Department of Transportation, the Council of the District of Columbia, Massachusetts Department of Revenue, and others.
Working for REMI
Employees of REMI receive a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits: paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and a 401K retirement plan.