REMI (Regional Economic Models, Inc.) is seeking Business Development Representative Interns interested in public policy and economics to join its business development and client-facing team. The successful candidate will work with our team to extend our client network and develop new business opportunities.
*This position will be full-time, a minimum of 40 hours per week, starting in May or June 2022 through the Summer of 2022 with the opportunity to continue in the fall. REMI BDR Intern positions will be located at the REMI Amherst, MA office.
Candidates for this position will be motivated to:
- Outreach to potential clients from call list
- Answer potential clients’ questions about upcoming projects and goals
- Set appointments with prospective customers based on our associates’ schedules
- Train other telemarketers when required
- Communicate any problems, concerns, or questions to supervisory staff
- Communicate respectfully and politely with potential customers at all times
Candidate requirements include:
- A commitment to providing objective and comprehensive analysis that improves the quality of public policy
- Major in Economics, Public Policy or related subject, with strong academic performance
- Extracurricular activities that demonstrate teamwork, initiative, and/or leadership
- Enthusiasm for taking on a role that is intense and challenging
Regional Economic Models, Inc. (REMI) was founded on a transformative idea: government decision-makers should test the economic effects of their policies before they’re implemented. We are the nation’s leader in dynamic local, state, and national policy modeling.
REMI’s suite of models are utilized by universities, consulting firms, associations, and governments at all levels to answer “what if?” policy questions about the effects of legislative changes on the economy. We actively engage in the analysis of major policy areas, including transportation, economic development, taxation, and more. Our team of research economists and software developers are dedicated to continued model innovation.
We evaluate specific issues associated with trade and tariffs, immigration, carbon tax, the Affordable Care Act, and transportation investments. REMI’s clients include: associations such as the Business Roundtable and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB); consulting firms such as National Economic Research Associates, Inc. (NERA), KPMG International, AECOM, and Booz Allen Hamilton; and think tanks and universities like the University of Michigan Research Seminar in Quantitative Economics (RSQE). We also collaborate with a variety of government agencies, including the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Georgia Department of Transportation, the Council of the District of Columbia, Massachusetts Department of Revenue, and others.